Re: [Healeys] Alternators

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Alternators
From: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:35:27 -0800
John,List,

I have the negative ground version in my BN1. It's a simple direct swap.
I have the wide belt and used my old fan and pulley which fit the shaft
on the Dynalite perfectly. Perhaps the later model dynamos with the
narrow belts had a different size shaft? I gutted out an old regulator
and used a large piece of copper wire to make a junction block inside,
maintaining the original look. While the end plate is wrong, my early
car having the oiling wick, no one has noticed yet. Their end plates
even have Lucas cast in them. The black paint on the case is el cheapo
so I stripped and painted it engine color.

I went this route because I wanted an alternator but couldn't stand the
sight of a big ol' Chevy unit sitting up there in front of God and everyone.

Bill Barnett
'53 Red Car
'61 Green Car
--
When I was younger, I could remember anything whether it had happened or
not. But now my facilities are decaying and soon I shall be so I cannot

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html