Re: [Healeys] just wondering

To: <austin.healey@gmail.com>, <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] just wondering
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 02:52:19 +0000
Relax Chris,
 I only said I was "skeptical" and asked about "having any issues" with boring
out to 120 thou.  I'm not challenging your statements so don't get your
knickers in a twist.  I Just wanted some additional information. In the good
ole USA, we - I mean "SCCA" (Sports Car Club of America)  - only allow 30 thou
max. overbore. So I don't have a lot of personal experience with overboring
engines in the 120 to 200 thou zone.
As for the Aussies whooping the American's asses a few years back, I would
like to sum up my impression of that series with a statement I made to Phil
Coombs on the eve of the very first event at Road America, in 2005, after I
had surveyed the Australian Healeys in the paddock.   " I think I have come to
a gun fight with only a knife."
In spite of that statement, I still whooped a lot of Aussie ass!!!! Do you??

Richard Mayor
BN7L-466  Vintage Racer
Portland, Oregon

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html