[Healeys] Rear Axle Nut

Subject: [Healeys] Rear Axle Nut
From: sbyers at ec.rr.com (BJ8 Healeys)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 21:53:20 -0500
The left-hand threaded nut is the one on the driver's side (left-hand drive
car).

If you round off the corners of a nut, you can always cut it with a chisel or
Dremel tool to get it off, and replace it with a new one (be careful not to
damage the mating threads on the axle housing, duh).  Sometimes the shock of a
hammer on a chisel in the loosening direction is enough to loosen the nut.  The
nut normally does not have a tremendous amount of torque on it.  Other options
would be to use a torch to heat the nut to loosen it.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA