Re: [Healeys] BT7 windscreen frame

To: "John & Kerry Rowe" <jkrowe46@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BT7 windscreen frame
From: Michael Oritt <michael.oritt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 08:50:32 -0400
John--

I did just that on my 100.  Rather than using solid steel I used very
lightweight 1 x 19 stainless steel cable  with fittings that you can
purchase at a good marine supply and swedge on with tools they have on hand.
 I used a toggle fitting at the top and attached it in place of the buffer
plate.  The bottom end of the cable ends in a threaded terminal which I pass
through a small hole in the scuttle just behind the mirror, then tighten
everything down via a thumbscrew so that the top seals absolutely tight at
speed.

Purists need not comment.

Best--Michael Oritt

I had thought of running a stainless steel threaded rod from the centre of
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html