[Healeys] Tank sender sealant

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Tank sender sealant
From: "Peter & Veronica" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 18:55:32 +1000
Gbday list

Ibve just pulled the tank from the V6 car (itbs a custom alloy tank) to
replace the in-tank fuel pump. This is integral with the gauge sender and
mounts through a hole in the side of the tank, with a cork gasket under the
flange. When I first put it together I used my favourite sealant, blue
Hylomar, which Ibve used for years in most situations (if Rolls Royce use
it...) Anyway, when I took it apart it seemed to me that the sealant had been
attacked by the fuel, in that it was soft and came off very easily. can anyone
advise the best sealant to use where itbs going to be in contact with fuel?

Cheers

Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz
BN1 Ward Spl coupe