Re: [Healeys] missing at high rpm

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] missing at high rpm
From: "Paul Leeks" <Paull@glasgows.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 17:35:11 +0100
Hi Maurice

Not an expert - just my experience ...

I had similar trouble last year (poor acceleration but smooth coasting) and
checked everything (vacuum leak, timing, electrics, valves, carb settings,
etc.)

One piece of advice was to retard the ignition and see what happens.  I did
this (only a tweak) ... and it fixed it.  It meant that the timing mark on
the flywheel was left slightly out, but it now runs normally.

As I say, no expert, but it might be worth a try to see if it makes any
difference ...

Paul Leeks
Lancashire
100/6 BN4

Maurice Maxwell <maxandreb1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> After replacing a head gasket and all of the other gaskets in the kit and
having
> the head rebuilt.  I tuned the car and it drove around town just fine.
Steady

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html