[Healeys] Disc Brakes on a 100/6

Subject: [Healeys] Disc Brakes on a 100/6
From: derek.c.job at gmail.com (Derek Job)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 18:08:30 +0200
All

The Mille Miglia article relates to the introduction of the 6 port head from
late 1957. A 100-Six with this head ran in the 57 Mille Miglia and dealers
in America made the connection and started to refer to the model as the
Mille Miglia although unfortunately BMC officially never did.

There is a reference in Bill Piggott's book about the 40 or 50 100-Sixs that
were fitted with 4 wheel disc brakes at the DHMC for homolgation purposes.
These were Dunlop brakes not Girling. Bill Piggott owned one registered XNX
56. Another one is featured on the home page of my web site and is
registered XNX 399. These both fit that timescale.

see www.healeysix.net

In addition Four wheel disc brakes were available as an option from the DHMC
and Hambro's in New York. Option lists for both can be see here

http://www.healeysix.net/Options.htm

It's not known how many cars were fitted with this option over the life of
the model. I know of one in Australia, but the 'official' 40 or 50 'factory'
cars were produced in November/Decemebr 1957.

hope this helps

Derek