Re: [Healeys] BN2 oil seal crankshaft front

To: Jose Vicente Vargas <jvvmusme@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN2 oil seal crankshaft front
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:11:59 -0700
The best alternative is to machine the timing cover to take a 'modern' lip-type
seal.   BCS has pre-machined covers
exchange.

Your felt seal may work a little better when it gets saturated, but you'll
likely still have a pretty bad leak.

Bob

--
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net