[Healeys] BN2 oil seal crankshaft front

Subject: [Healeys] BN2 oil seal crankshaft front
From: glemon at neb.rr.com (Greg Lemon)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:15:57 -0500
I have known several people who have had a fitting for a modern lip seal
brazed or welded into the timing chain cover on this and other old british
cars.

The seal itself is not likely to get better with time, but I know when I
rebuilt my 100 motor I got more crankcase pressure from blowby and
considerable leakage until the rings seated then it got much much better.
Considerable mileage was needed to achieve this, don't recall exactly, but
made a four hundred mile round trip shortly after the rebuild and I do
recall that the leakage was considerably reduced from beginning to end.

Don't know a specific part number or specs for the seal, but since you are
fitting a housing for it the only real critical dimension would be the
diameter of the crank at that point.

I think some other lister may have done that and could provide more detail.

Greg Lemon