Re: [Healeys] Transmission Oil

To: PG <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Transmission Oil
From: Peter Schauss <rpschauss@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 09:03:11 -0400
My experience was just the opposite.  Shifting was considerably
smoother with MTL.
Shortly after I made the switch, however, I had problems with the
overdrive dropping out.
Replacing the o-ring in the accumulator seemed to solve the problem.
Given the cost of MTL, however
I decided to switch back to straight 30wt in case I had to drain the
oil of the gear box
multiple times in order to chase down the pressure loss issue.

- Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html