[Healeys] Transmission Oil

Subject: [Healeys] Transmission Oil
From: britishcars at shaw.ca (PG)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 22:35:07 -0700
Ok..for those of us who have been on this list for more than a couple of
years, we all know that trany oil has been beaten to death...

However, here's an observation..I recently switched from 30wt non-detergent
oil to Redline MTL and what I found surprised me...

I found that my gearbox ground going into both second and third both in
upshifting and downshifting.it's like the syncros can't grip.  Keep in mind
that I rebuilt the transmission last year.

I'm wondering if the MTL is too thin an oil for the transmission..  I'm
thinking of switching to MTL 90

Thoughts??

Paul