Re: [Healeys] removing wire harness

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] removing wire harness
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:00:35 -0700
You should not have to cut it to remove it. Just pull it into the
engine compartment. It will help if it is intact to figure out which
components are related to which connectors on the harness when you
start to remove original items to install them on the new harness. I
don't think there are any clips on the transmission other than the OD
clip which is attached to one of the cover bolts on the center shift
transmission. There are clips on the screws at the foot well heat
shield though for the rear harness. They are nearly impossible to get
to with the engine and trans in place. The wiper motor three-way
(three bundled but isolated connectors) is made from unobtainium.

John

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html