Re: [Healeys] Stainless Steel Fuel Tank for Big Healeys

To: "healeys @autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Stainless Steel Fuel Tank for Big Healeys
From: Martin Jansen <jule_enterprisesah@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:54:06 -0700 (PDT)
Dave, you are correct on your analysis of  ethanol in gasoline. It will
corrode any steel tank isolated or not. Painting the tank will not stop this
process. Auto manufacturers today make fuel tanks and fuel lines out of
plastic product- nonmetallic.. The purpose of ethanol in fuel is to
accommodate new technology in motors. It is my understanding, if ethanol is in
a high compression engine or super charged engine or turbo charged engine
ethanol becomes more efficient than gasoline. A motion to bring 15%ethanolol
has recently been defeated because it would put most vehicles made before 2005
off the road. For engines to survive with a higher ethanol rate they will
require a fuel injection and engine management systems.
I can check with our local fabricating shop, they  may be able to make you a
tank
Several companies such as AH Spares, Healey works and ourselves are currently
developing injections systems to solve this issue.
It is also corrosive in aluminiumum tankscarburetoror parts and rubber
components

Happy n>Healeying,   Marty  www.jule-enterprises.com
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html