Re: [Healeys] Gas

To: Bob Yule <autofarm@cyg.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gas
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 05:53:58 -0700
Another data point:

My father is a farmer and has a 500-gallon gas tank for his tractors, etc.
He's semi-retired and has contracted out
most of the farm work, so the 500 gallons can last quite a long time (over a
year). We fill all our cars that can run
87-octane--including my Mustang GT--from that tank and we have never had any
problems we could attribute to that gas.

I fill a 2-gallon steel can for my lawnmower, and 2 gallons can last me up to 2
years (so the gas can be up to 3 years
old).  This can appears to have no lining and the insides of the can are
absolutely spot-free and bright metal.  Mower
always starts on the first or second pull, even on the three-year-old gas.

Bob

--
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html