Re: [Healeys] Ratchet Spanners

To: Jose Vicente Vargas <jvvmusme@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ratchet Spanners
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 12:53:00 +0200
Best to get these wretched ratchet spanners from a good manufacturer
like Snap on, Belzer, Hazet, Facom, Gedore etc. (sorry, I do not know
much about US brands) as there is a lot of rubbish around. The good ones
are durable and a lot slimmer than the bad ones.
There will be good cheap ones around but there is no way of knowing what
quality they are. What is important is the number of "clicks" per
revolution, the more clicks the smaller the angle neccessary to operate
the spanner.
There are also versions with a so called ratchet open end spanner on the
opposite side. These open ends are specifically shaped to work them as a
ratchet spanner with some exercise.
Be aware that the ratchet ring spanners need a lot more space around the
bolt or nut to work on.
I found their usefulness of limited value.
Kees Oudesluijs

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
coudesluijs.vcf]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html