[Healeys] Loud Metallic Click

Subject: [Healeys] Loud Metallic Click
From: steveg at abrazosdata.com (Steve B. Gerow)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 20:48:25 -0800
Patrick,
I had something similar happen to me. A tremendous loud clattering would come
and go. Fortunately I was only 10 mi from home.

In my case it was a dry rocker end - my guess is the oil passage got clogged.
When I took the rocker assy off all except one of the rockers had oil in the
end cups where the pushrod tubes seat.

I was looking for an excuse to substitute high lift rockers; installed those a
year or two ago and haven't had the problem since.

Before doing this, I took the pan off and looked up at the cam lobes, which
looked fine.

Maybe you could borrow a rocker assembly and try it out.
--
Steve Gerow
BN6 with 29D engine