[Healeys] Vehicle Registration in PA

Subject: [Healeys] Vehicle Registration in PA
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:15:08 +0000 (UTC)
I see how that kind of 'loophole' would encourage that. I think that was
mitigated in CA, which had (has?) a 'cash for clunkers' program which paid, I
think, $750 for older vehicles, running or not. They offered to buy my Healey a
couple times; I wrote back that I MIGHT take $75,000. Never heard from them
again.

Generally, the only older (pre-1968) cars I see on the road are a) primo
collector cars and b) original, mostly Detroit iron driven and lovingly
maintained by VERY senior citizens.

Senior citizen=anyone older than me.

Bob

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

When I lived in South Carolina, there was mandatory yearly vehicle
safety inspections and high registration fees for cars 20 years old and
newer. If you had a clapped out POS older than that, there were no
inspections and something like a $20 registration fee. Thus, poor
folks, who didn't have the means to maintain a car in the first place
were encouraged to drive the worst of the worst.

The assortment of rolling deathtraps on the road there was quite
interesting, and it wasn't uncommon to see car wrecks that looked more
like plane crash sites as these things disintegrated on impact.

Jonas Payne
Director of Preconstruction
Thor Construction
PH: (702) 269-2007