[Healeys] smitty 5 speed - type of oil

Subject: [Healeys] smitty 5 speed - type of oil
From: mayorrichard at hotmail.com (richard mayor)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 01:27:33 +0000
Whooooa,  I'm not an expert here, but -- I think Perry is suggesting you use
the kind of oil you put into a differential. Why don't you call the Toyota
service department. Or talk to the people at Jiffy Lube or Oil Can Henry's.
Modern transmissions use light weight oil.
Hell, the factory manual for the Austin Healey transmission/overdrive calls
for SAE 30W oil. Why are there so many people on this list that keep insisting
you should use  heavy oil in their transmissions?
My personal preference is to use RedLine MTL - but I'm a racer so I spend the
extra dollars for maximin performance.

Richard Mayor
BN7L-466  Vintage Racer
Portland, Oregon