[Healeys] Bn2 excessive oil pressure

Subject: [Healeys] Bn2 excessive oil pressure
From: jvvmusme at yahoo.com (Jose Vicente Vargas)
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 09:03:45 -0500
I have dennis welch oil pump
Using 20-50w oil
The holes of the adapter are correctly aligned
 This situation afyer the oil and filter change

Sent from my iPad

On May 22, 2011, at 8:39 AM, Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

> Jose,
>
> Regardless of the filter, the oil pressure relief valve should limit the
pressure to a maximum of (typically) 60-70psi.

> 30psi @ 1,000rpm is great, but 90 @ 4,000 seems too high; the obvious
culprit would be the valve, but I can't explain how just changing the oil and
filter would instigate the problem (unless, maybe, you went from 20W break-in
oil to straight 60W).  Definitely check the valve for burrs, etc.; maybe try a
different spring.

> Sounds like your rebuild was good--most issues are with too low
pressure--but too high puts undue stress on the cam/distributor gear and
seals.