Re: [Healeys] Canadian 'Vintage' race Healey for Auction

To: "'I Erbs'" <eyera3@gmail.com>, "'Shop at Just Brits'" <shop@justbrits.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Canadian 'Vintage' race Healey for Auction
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 19:20:46 -0500
Yes, Phil raced the #105 car, and Dan Pendergraft raced the #106 car.
Neither of those cars were "Works" cars, or "BMC" race cars, but #106 was
made up from many Works spares.

But Phil also owned both 56FAC and 57FAC which were Roger Menadue prepared,
"Works" race cars. (Not to be confused with BMC rallye cars). 56FAC had race
history at Sebring, 57FAC was the back up car, and did not race. 57FAC did
end up in Canada for a period of time, but is not the car for sale in the
advertisement. They were very light, and very fast.

Phil did vintage race 56FAC for a short while, but then built the #105 car
because of 56FAC's value. Fourintune restored both 56FAC (a light
restoration) and 57FAC full restoration. Phil gave me the roll bar from
57FAC that was in it from its time in Canada, as well as the fuel cell.
57FAC was sold at auction for what was then the highest amount ever paid for
a Healey.

WST