[Healeys] Canadian 'Vintage' race Healey for Auction

Subject: [Healeys] Canadian 'Vintage' race Healey for Auction
From: warthodson at aol.com (warthodson at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 19:02:03 -0400
Here is an interesting contradiction:
57FAC is widely reported to have won the 1964 "Sundown grand Prix" in
torrential rain at Mosport. However, the photos I received from Al Pease
(co-driver with Don Kindree) of the Healey in this race clearly show a
roadster car, not a convertible BJ7.
It would be interesting to see period photos of the BN7L5629 to document that
it was raced with the smooth bonnet (no scoop) & no fender vents. Also, some
photos of it being driven by Grant Clark. I have a photo (undated) of Grant
Clark driving a blue two seat roadster with a roll bar mounted in the center
of the cockpit as shown on pages 142 & 143 in Bill Emerson's book. It also had
fender vents, oil cooler openings & the scoop on the bonnet.
And as an aside, according to Al Pease, Grant Clark (BMC dealer in Canada) was
arrested for stealing cars from the Montreal airport & selling them.
Gary Hodson