[Healeys] BJ8 Exhaust Systems - BJ8 or BJ7?

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Exhaust Systems - BJ8 or BJ7?
From: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:24:09 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Listers, The time has arrived for a new exhaust system on my BJ8.  Banged
up rear boxes are holed/rusted thru - just age and bottoming out.

Would like the List's collective experience.  Here are some facts/questions
for those folks that have replaced exhausts recently:
1.  I am not interested in SS system - unecessary expese here in dry CA.
2.  So steel is fine for me.  I will probably paint it black anyway.
3.  We all know the low ground clearance issue on the Healey/BJ8 rear boxes -
and my rear is lowered 2 inches for appearance - plan to leave it as such.
4.  If I use a full BJ8 system with rear boxes, which manufacturer would you
recommend and why?  Where is good price incl delivery to N. CA? [I currently
have a Walker brand I think]
5.  If I use a front part BJ8 system and replace the rear cross boxes with 2
straight pipes out the back/LHS, how much will the noise increase.  Likeable
or too noisy for easy driving?  Fruity is ok for me.
6.  The Moss BJ7 system has an oval/thinner double pipe front box and no rear
boxes.  Obviously better on ground clearance at mid and rear of car.  Has
anyone put a BJ7 system on a BJ8 - did you like it and why?  What were the
fitting problems?  BJ7 system is much cheaper then BJ8.
7.  Any other suggestions - smart or otherwise?

Thx.
Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  RNBmail@yahoo.com / RNB333@live.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html