[Healeys] Camshaft Question

Subject: [Healeys] Camshaft Question
From: barrie at look.ca (Barrie Robinson)
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 10:13:33 -0400
This gas guzzling conversation is interesting.  I built myself an MGB
GT V8 because I liked the shape, liked the coupe protection, liked
the power - the Rover 3.5L puts out 200bhp.  All this to ease my pain
from parting with my BJ8.   But as to MPG the motor just ticks over
at 100kph and a long US trip got me 38MPG !!!!!!!!!!.   Mind you it
is so new that the mechanical drag is minute.   Funny thing is that
the GT V8 was discontinued when the oil crunch came back in the 70's
but it did and does much much better MPG than the iron block one
!!!!!  The 1.8L iron engine and 3.5L aluminium engine weigh the same
within a few pounds.

By the bye, I sold my BJ8 because I was getting paranoid about it
getting scratched at shows etc etc.  It was a 100 points car and I
was protecting it like a, like a, like a???