[Healeys] 100M Bonnets

Subject: [Healeys] 100M Bonnets
From: Editorgary at aol.com (Editorgary at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:21:24 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/11 3:40:28 PM, Healey100M at gmail.com writes:

> Since 640 cars where taken from Longbridge and sent to Warwick to have
> the Le Mans performance package installed (and subsequently returned to
> Longbridge for dispatch), wouldn't it be fairly safe to "assume" that these
> 640
> had the full package installed since Donald Healey was getting paid to make
> this upgrade? I'm just referring to the 640 cars.

Ah, there's the rub. We have no way of knowing whether all 640 went to
Warwick, because apparently DHMCo didn't keep careful records of how many cars
from the factory they converted. All we know is what we glean from the
factory production build cards, and all they indicate is that the car was
received
at Longbridge from Jensen's with a louvred hood.
Gary