[Healeys] Off Topic Rolls Royce Running Resources

Subject: [Healeys] Off Topic Rolls Royce Running Resources
From: JPayne at ThorCon.net (Jonas Payne)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 19:32:45 -0700
I have had a difficult time tunin hif carbs on several mgb's

Bottom line is that if you tune by the book they run waaaaay too lean

They wrote the book and developed the tuning for emissions purposes, not
performance or drivability.  They idle too lown run too lean and the advance
at idle is tooo retarded and there isn't much adjustment.   nothing more,
nothing less

This would appear to be exacerbated by modern fuels

Make sure you aren't sucking air at the throttle shafts and advance timing and
richen mixture till it runs right, provided your mech and vac advance are
working right

It will run better but won't pass an emissions test