Re: [Healeys] 54 BN1 Barn Car

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 54 BN1 Barn Car
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 10:13:53 -0500
I kept all receipts for my 100, parts, labor etc. I owned it from '99-08 so
prices are not current but not ancient history, total is less than 8K

What was done/bought was this:

Complete engine rebuild, new pistons, reground cam, new bearings, oil pump,
oils strainer, etc.
Tranny Rebuild  (done by shop)
Complete front suspension and steering rebuild
Bodywork and paint (didn't farm out, but used PPG paints, from local vendor,
learned you can save a lot if you buy paint online, if you do all the prep
yourself their are competent local painters that can do your car for not
much, we have a near perfect tri-carb in the club a freind owns that proves
this point)
New bumpers, tonneau
All new brake components including purchase of good used drums and new front
discs (I have a disc brake conversion on my car)
Relined Clutch
New hubs and wheels back, good used hubs and wheels for the front, cleaned
and painted all to match.
New Tires
Electrical Replaced Repaired Rebuilt as needed, including good used
generator
Too much miscellaneas to mention
Good used chrome top stays free via the list! (thanks again Charley Braum).

Sources included Moss/VB, British Parts Northwest, Moss Discounters, E-bay,
English suppliers, used market through internet, etc. saved money whenever
possible, for example bought used speedo that didn't work for cosmetic value
of the face, swapped out parts with mine, sold what was left on e-bay as
non-operational, I did not deduct e-bay sales such as this from total.

This did not include interior, mine was good when I got it, but add 2K for
interior and there you are at 10 grand.

Greg Lemon
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html