Re: [Healeys] Car Numbers and body numbers

To: "Editorgary@aol.com" <Editorgary@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Car Numbers and body numbers
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 03:20:34 +1000
Hey Gary, I stand to be corrected, but the unification of numbers
occurred on BN2's.
BN1's had a body number, a chassis number and an engine number. All
different. And here in Oz, the closest thing we had to unification was
a Larke Hoskins number, (Larke Hoskins were the origiginal AH importer/
distributor), and their 'car' number was on the their plate, and also
stamped on the chassis.
Best
Chris
 From my memory.
Most of this is published on Larry Varleys website, and much of this
is courtesy of Patrick Quinn's tenacious research many years ago

Sent from my iPhone

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html