Re: [Healeys] 100-Six with XK150 engine for sale

To: jagxk120@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100-Six with XK150 engine for sale
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 09:36:00 +0200
As a European I have little difficulty with the Moss box, but I agree
that the synchro's are not its best point. These boxes are often
replaced by later 5sp Getrag ones.
The Jag engine suits the AH very well and brings some sophistication
compared with the original engine which, in my view, has always been an
eyesore and a shortcoming of an otherwise very good and capable sports
car. But than again, I am an engine man, fond of sophisticated machines
like the Italian engines of the post-war era. It was the reason I bought
that not very good looking Jensen Healey, but oh boy, what an engine in
the 70's, just the looks of that with its twin DellOrtos, cambelt and
16V DOHC got me hooked.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
coudesluijs.vcf]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html