[Healeys] BJ8 Oil consumption

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Oil consumption
From: "Niels Bengaard" <bengaard@850r.dk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:27:54 +0200
I have only had the car for a little more than a year and normally I only run
short runs in the car, 20-40 miles, and havent seen that much oil consumption,
but when I ran 350 miles this weekend at 60-70 Mph, the oil level went from
almost max to 20% above min. I know the engine has been rebuilt with new oil
pump, a rebore, new pistons, bearings and hardened valve seats before I bought
it, but I suspect not much was done to the valve train and perhaps valve
guides. I read on this list archives that excessive oil consumption could be
related to a worn valve train, if the cylinder compression was good and there
appears to be no blue smoke.
Can you tell from these videoes, whether the oil spillage from the valve train
can be the cause of a high oil consumption.

Cold start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFxZrfzMpfQ&feature=youtu.be

Different views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVB4Jit1y3o&feature=youtu.be