[Healeys] 54 BN1 Barn Car

Subject: [Healeys] 54 BN1 Barn Car
From: rrengineer.mike at att.net (Michael MacLean)
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 17:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
You have got to be kidding.  Just decent bodywork and a paint job is going to
cost more than that.  You know what chroming is going for these days not to
mention the aluminum anodizing costs?

Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5
02 Heritage
Springer

<bspidell at comcast.net>
healeys at autox.team.net; michael.bowie at fivepointsix.com
>Sent: Saturday, July
2, 2011 4:57 PM
>Subject: Re: [Healeys] 54 BN1 Barn Car
>
>You probably can do
this for $10-15K, depending on how much you spend on painting and engine work.

>Be sure to bag and label all nuts and bolts.   We didn't do this on our
100M resto--but we did try to keep them
>'organized'--and we waste a lot of
time trying to figure out what bolts go where (esp. on a 100, which has a lot
of BSF

PM, John Sims wrote:
>> And, invest in a good camera and take double or triple
the photos you think
>> that you will need as you disassemble the car making
copious notes while you
>> are doing it.
>>
>> John Sims, BN6
>> Aberdeen, NJ
>>
>> http://www.healey6.com
>>

>> I had to figure that out too, when I
began restoration. You have to decide
>> on your target. Concours, High level
driver, daily driver????
>> Then decide on what are the have to dos, want to
dos and if I have the time
>> and money to dos. Who is your support team and
what can you do yourself?
>> What's the hourly rate for the jobs you have to
pay for? Do they have a rep
>> of coming in on time and budget?
>> Figure your
budget, prioritize as above, then put aside 30% more funds.
>> Good luck and
enjoy the process. There is a huge amount of help on this list
>> with folks
who go well beyond expectations to offer encouragement and help.

michael.bowie at fivepointsix.com>  wrote:

>>> I have been dragging around my
BN1 for about 25 years from garage to
>>> garage, waiting to have a shop large
enough to properly restore it.now
>>> the time has arrived,  I have a question
for the List.

>>> Any idea what a normal restoration would cost?

The car is complete and was running when it was put up on blocks in

1968.the engine is supposedly a dealer converted LeMans.there is also
>>> a
spare engine and transmission/OD.  The body is straight and there is
>>> no
rust.

>>> Interior is pretty much dissolved.and the windshield glass is
broken.

>>> I know this is a wildly broad question.just curious for a
range of
>>> expenses to restore.  I can do most of the work myself,  except
paint
>>> and machine shop stuff for the engine.
>>>
>>> Also.what is this car
worth as it sits?