[Healeys] 54 BN1 Barn Car

Subject: [Healeys] 54 BN1 Barn Car
From: rrengineer.mike at att.net (Mike MacLean)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 15:44:04 -0700
That's all well and good, but what does someone like me do?  I started with a
bare frame, some sheet metal (everything except the fenders) and the
suspension system which included brakes, but no steering.  Over the last 5
years I have sourced a drivetrain to include a 10,000 mile BN2 tranny, a
steering column, instruments, fenders, interior  parts like seats, etc.  I
know that I still need lots of little parts and there are no fasteners of any
kind. You get the picture (if you will pardon the pun) I started with less
than most would attempt a restoration with, so I had nothing to take pictures
of, except a bare frame.
Mike MacLean

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2011, at 9:28, Barrie Robinson <barrie at look.ca> wrote:

> That is possibly the best advice anyone can give.  Go absolutely mad with
photos.  Put up directories on your PC such as Engine, Brightwork, Chassis,
Electrical, interior, etc etc., and take them BEFORE and WHILE you dismantle.
Also bag parts in zip lock bags with labels.   I also have those plastic
drawers labelled appropriately.    I still have photos from my resto job on a
BJ8 - but now one can take thousands of photos with a digital camera at no
cost.