[Healeys] wiring/guage of wires

Subject: [Healeys] wiring/guage of wires
From: robertlarson at att.net (Bob)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 02:10:32 -0400
What am I missing here?   It has nothing to with the gauges.  The question as I
understand it
was "What is the wire gauge?" or wire sizes.  The size of the wire or gauge of
the wire to the
starter is different than the wire size to the  license plate light.  Ray asked
for a diagram that
shows the wire sizes used.

I have never seen a drawing with that information.   One could determine the
size necessary
based on load current or measure the wires in an old harness.  Or contact the
people who
make the replacement harnesses and ask what size/gauge wire they use.

Here is a link to a site that shows "typical" sizes:

http://www.tessco.com/yts/industry/products/itm/automotive/get_wired.html
<http://www.tessco.com/yts/industry/products/itm/automotive/get_wired.html>

One can go to a lower gauge (larger wire) for a given load but not the other
way.

Bob    55BN1
Stockholm, NJ