[Healeys] Car for Sale

Subject: [Healeys] Car for Sale
From: healey.nut at gmail.com (Alan Seigrist)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:43:21 +0800
This looks legit to me.  Slovaks are pretty straight shooters (I'm married
to one) and the economy there is arguably one of the the best in Eastern
Europe (certainly better than any of the PIGS) so I'd take it seriously.

The parent directory of the ftp is in correct Slovak, so that's good.  I
checked his pictures of the restoration (all photos marked in Slovak) and
the resto pictures on the street are definitely in Slovakia, probably
somewhere outside of Bratislava.  Possibly Kosice but it looks more western
Slovakia to me.

The ftp is a bit painful to work through unless you open all the pics in new
tabs, then it goes pretty fast.  The car is a later Mk 1, looks like a VERY
nice off frame restoration with very high quality metal work (typical in
that area of Europe) and an incredibly faithful restoration considering this
is probably the only 3000 in the whole country.  The exterior and paint is
perfect, the interior is nicely done (although the red color seems a tad off
to me), but that could be the camera.  There are only a few very minor
diversions on the car as far as originality is concerned, and knowing the
Eastern Europeans they will take all the bolts and nuts off, clean them,
replate them (all cheaper than buying new) and put that back on so probably
a very faithful restoration.    Probably my biggest beef is the wonky
gearbox lever boot and knob, but the rest of it looks pretty awesome.

My wife is in Slovakia right now with my kids so I'll have her give the guy
a call.

Eastern Europe these days is one of the fastest growing economies in the
world - I'd have more trust in the Slovaks to run the US economy than our
current & recent crop of vampires in DC.  Ok off my mydlo-schranka.

Alan