[Healeys] Fuel Tank Sender Unit

Subject: [Healeys] Fuel Tank Sender Unit
From: sbyers at ec.rr.com (BJ8 Healeys)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 13:29:16 -0400
It is what I have measured with the original sending unit from my car, an
original sending unit from another BJ8, and a Moss replacement.  I assume it
would be the same for all 3000 sending units.  For better accuracy when I
was testing my gauge, I filled the tank to full, then measured the
resistance between the green/black wire to the gauge T terminal and ground.
I then set up my test rig with the actual resistance measurements
accordingly.

I did all this after trying the mgaguru procedure.  After making the
satisfactory adjustments on the test bench, I could never get the gauge to
respond correctly in the car.  It finally occurred to me to measure actual
resistance in my car, rather than using the resistance figure given at the
website.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry