[Healeys] Front disc brakes locking up after rebuild

Subject: [Healeys] Front disc brakes locking up after rebuild
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 19:19:51 -0700
This is a SWAG, but from the description it sounds like a problem with the
small seal that closes the line to the
reservoir when the brake pedal is pressed.  If this seal isn't released when
the brakes are released the brake system
will remain pressurized.

How sure are you that you got this plunger assembly assembled correctly?  I
think there's a seal, the plunger, a spring
and a thing that looks like a thimble with slots cut in it.

IIRC, the problem with the 'Classic Gold' M/Cs Moss sells was that the
spring-loaded plunger that engages this seal
would get cocked in the cylinder, which could cause this problem.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net