[Healeys] Naive "underhood heat" question?

Subject: [Healeys] Naive "underhood heat" question?
From: raymead at comcast.net (raymead at comcast.net)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:45:31 +0000 (UTC)
Hello all,

The "mechanical idiot" here............... with a question.

Speaking in the MOST GENERAL OF TERMS, can I assume (yep, I know what that
makes "us) that, since a temperature guage usually reads around 190 degress,
and since engine paint is claimed to be good to around 500 degress, that the
normal underhood operating temperature is somewhere between those two numbers
- probably a lot close to the 200 degree range?????????B B  (this question all
has to do with some detailing I am doing in the engine compartment).

AGAIN - I'm only speaking in GENERALITIES here - I don't want anyone getting
all excited and falling off their chairs over this question.........

thanks much,B  ray