[Healeys] Cross Roda ball ends

Subject: [Healeys] Cross Roda ball ends
From: bluehealey at gmail.com (Alan Bromfield)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 14:15:30 +0100
Hi Randy.
If the steering wheel is aligned ok now then it won't change after you have
switched out the rod ends. The only thing that will move the steering wheel
slightly is if your alignment is off currently and you then put it to zero.

I would suggest replacing both rod ends as a pair.  They have probably both
had the same life and if one is shot the other won't be far behind.  Also
get one of then clamping tools that forks around the ball joint and squeezes
the stud end.  Something like this for example. *http://tinyurl.com/3dh4fwf*
There isn't a lot of room in there for swinging hammers and the taper needs
'encouragement' to let go.

On 24 August 2011 13:49, Randy Hicks <Healey100M at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys, I need to change out at least one side of the cross rod ball ends
> on
> the BN2. Not having done this before, any issues I should be aware of
> before I
> jump in?
>
> What is the best way to get the steering wheel aligned properly without
> pulling it? Alignment seems pretty straight forward, just a little tedious
> &
> fussy. (Planning on 0 toe-in because of the radial tires.)?
>
> Sorry for all the questions this early!  :-)
>
> Randy
> --

                (__tinyurl.com/healeyforum _)