[Healeys] Moss brake recall

Subject: [Healeys] Moss brake recall
From: austin.healey at gmail.com (Chris Dimmock)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:10:44 +1000
Did anyone actually read the reason for the recall????
<quote>
Foot valve failures were experienced during the extreme pressure test
at 3,000 psi and after 10,000 cycles at 248B: F during a heat
durability test. The pressures and temperatures used in the tests far
exceed the pressure and temperatures you would experience with the
master cylinder installed in a car, but the failure of a foot valve is
serious because it closes off the port to the brake fluid reservoir
when you step on the brake pedal. If the foot valve fails to close,
the pedal will go to the floor without putting any pressure on the
brake shoes or pads.
</quote>

Sent from my iPhone