[Healeys] cylinder head questions

Subject: [Healeys] cylinder head questions
From: austin.healey at gmail.com (Chris Dimmock)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 23:32:52 +1000
Hi Gary,
I had the spark plug seats on my head machined in 1998.
No one I've spoken to since has said "oh yeah, knew about that" - most
Healey people had no idea until I discussed it here and put up that
webpage.
As for the excessive advance on a standard BJ8 - it's still a mystery.
As I've said before, I originally wrongly thought the 960 was specific
to the Bj8 - so that in some way explained the advance in my mind.
But the 960 head is not bj8 specific - so I still don't know why there
is so much advance in BJ8's.
Especially when a BJ8 has the 'hottest' cam of all stock C series
engines.
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone