Re: [Healeys] Flared Fenders

To: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Flared Fenders
From: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@hotkey.net.au>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 20:29:38 +1100
BLOKES

I have just read a detailed track test of John Chatham's  DD300 as raced
in 1969 and it is almost unrecogniseable to all except the serious and
long term Healey history types;

10 inch wide JA Pearce mag. wheels with FLARES
red body with a wide white stripe across the guards and bonnet, from one
wheel arch to the other.

Current trend in Australia is to cut the fenders from the headlight back
to the windscreen and insert approx 23 30 mm of metal and thus maintain
the standard appearance but provide cover for widened rims.  Very hard
to detect until you look at the wheel offset and ask, how did they do thaf?