Re: [Healeys] lowering blocks

To: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] lowering blocks
From: gardner5@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:35:26 +0000 (UTC)
I had mine machined from Stainless Steel and had a hole machined on the bottom
surface where the centerbolt of the leaf spring engages B and a corresponding
dowel machined to the exact dimensions of the centerbolt that wasB  inserted
on the top surface .B  Also had U-bolts made to the new specs (about 1.5inch
change).B  Shortly after having gone through this effort, I found a kit (I
just can't remember where) in a catalog of Healey parts and upgrades.B  The
kit consists of 2 aluminum blocks, I think 2/3 inch, and longer U-bolts.B  The
blocks look for similar to the ones IB designed and had machined.B  Mine were
just 1/2 inch bigger. B  So you can probably find this online somewhere if the
dimesions work for you.

Joel

BN2