[Healeys] petronix

Subject: [Healeys] petronix
From: edic at tampabay.rr.com (edic at tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 06:57:16 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
January 2009 I sent my distributor (BJ8) to Jeff Schlemmer of Advanced
Distributors for a rebuild. He didn't rebuild it because it was not needed,
but cleaned it up and added a Petronix. That unit failed about 8 months
later at our All British Car show in Safety Harbor, Fl. My car had to be
pushed to its assigned spot on Main Street. Oh the joys of antique cars.
Anyway, that was in 2010 and I sent the unit to Petronix for evaluation and
they said my Hall Cell was bad and replaced the unit. There is a 3 year
warranty. Its been a year later and I finally decided to take another
chance on the Petronix and I just reinstalled it. Once burned, twice shy.
 After the reinstall I got sputtering on a test drive, so I timed the car to
10-14 degrees BTDC at idle without vacuum, as specified by Jeff. It starts
quicker and runs great, so far. Anyway, I would contact Jeff, as Olin has
written, and get the straight and skinny from him. His number is (612)
804-5543. His address is 1149 Quincy Street, Shakopee, MN 55379. I have no
financial interest with Jeff just an interest in Healeys.
Good luck.
Mel Brunet
HBJ8L/39749
Land O Lakes, Fl