[Healeys] re-bleeding brakes

Subject: [Healeys] re-bleeding brakes
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 15:49:34 +0000 (UTC)
re: "While bleeding the right rear, I had a leak at the right front wheel."

Fix that first.

Some general observations on brake bleeding:

- if you're doing it the 'old-fashioned way;' i.e. pumping the pedal, use slow
and steady strokes on the pedal (not 'three quick pumps and open the bleeder')
- if you're doing pressure bleeding, use the lowest pressure that causes fluid
to flow
- vacuum bleeding: never had any luck with it
- bleeding brakes is a PITA (but necessary, and the immediate feedback--a firm
pedal--is satisfying)

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA