[Healeys] re-bleeding brakes

Subject: [Healeys] re-bleeding brakes
From: tahoehealey at hotmail.com (Richard Kahn)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 08:06:00 -0800
All brake and clutch lines are new and tight. Thanks for the thought.

Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:40:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [Healeys] re-bleeding brakes
From: msalter at precisionsportscar.com
To: tahoehealey at hotmail.com
CC: healeys at autox.team.net

Hi Richard,
If you are getting a good pedal on the first push I don't think that air in
the system is your problem. My guess is that the brakes need adjusting and
that possibly you have a restricted brake hose.
I would recommend carefully clamping off the brake hoses (just enough clamping
to prevent fluid flow)  one at a time to determine whether the problem is in
the rear or in one of the front brakes. At least that way you know where to
concentrate your efforts.

Michael Salter
If you aren't living on the edge
you are taking up too much room.