[Healeys] Sticky cam shoe rod

Subject: [Healeys] Sticky cam shoe rod
From: bjsbj8 at gmail.com (Bob Johnson)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:22:35 -0500
After my engine has warmed (to 160F) I can push in my choke. But what
happens is the cam shoe rod is still sticky. I have tried wet and dry
and no lube on the rod over time, nothing seems to clear the problem.
As a result of the stickiness, when I push in the choke cable the shoe
is slow to return and whilt it is slowly returning, it wil slightly
twist, just enough for the cam to then sit on the side of the shoe,
which keeps the mixture just slightly rich to give a smooth run. I can
tell when it has happened because the power is not quite right and the
note is just a little rough. Any ideas?

Bob Johnson
BJ8