Re: [Healeys] Dry fuel Pump

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dry fuel Pump
From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 12:24:23 -0600
1st, Merry Christmas to all [and Boxing Day (tomorrow <G>, in case I
forget ! !) to our friends to The North &
'other' directions' --- LOL --- ]  ! ! !

On 12/25/2011 12:35 AM, Simon Lachlan wrote:
I think the thread on the pump body was pretty well shot (another
common thing) >>

Then it SHOULD be REPLACED, folks [unless a LONG way from home] ! !

<< and the sealant gloop had dried out. >>

Should have been repaired to start with <G> ! !

<< PTFE tape is a good sealant >>

NOT necessarily so, Simon ! !  GAS requires DIFFERENT tape than Big
Box has for $ .99 ! ! !
MANDATORY.  So PLEASE, NO ONE make that "blanket statement".

SEE:        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_seal_tape

<< as long as the surplus doesn't get into the system. >>

That part IS correct <G>! !

Ed
Please visit MY site at:
www.justbrits.com