Re: [Healeys] Happy New Year

To: <rvmaylor@shaw.ca>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Happy New Year
From: "Rich Chrysler" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 23:47:41 -0500
Ross,

Beautiful job. Congratulations.

Rich Chrysler

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of rvmaylor@shaw.ca
Sent: 2012-01-01 11:07
To: healeys@autox.team.net

Hi all,

To start off the year on a good note here is another Healey (1958 100-Six,
BN6L755)  just back on the road after 21 years.
Back in 1989 the brakes were a wee bit shawdy so I started taking pieces off
the car and before I knew it a full blown restoration was underway. New
sills, outriggers, floors, engine rebuild, rust removal, panel repairs.
Crap, I was in over my head, financially and skill wise. School, other cars,
overseas work, houses, a wife and kids all conspired over the years to slow
the rebuild but it continued in fits and starts and finally it is
complete....?
It's only trip so far is up and down the back lane and it will hibernate
until spring when it can be really called 'back on the road'.
Everything is back to original including the brakes, which still are a wee
bit shawdy.

Please visit the photo site below if you think a rebuild of a stock 100 Six
is of interest.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100-6/show/

Happy New Year

Ross Maylor