Re: [Healeys] Reassembling HS6 carbs

To: "'Charlie Baldwin'" <mgcharlie@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Reassembling HS6 carbs
From: "David Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 18:01:01 -0700
I'm not either but it seemed like a good place to start.. The usual issue is
the choke linkage binding with them. A simple drop of oil seems easier than
Vaseline. The heel of the jet needs the little metal ferrule for the tiny
screw or it will likely bind. The jets are handed and if backwards will
bind.
 One of those things you need to stare at for a while. ;~)
dave

frogeye@porterscustom.com

GO HERE: http://porterbikes.com/  nice pictures-fun facts-my world

Dave,
I'm not sure if Burt is having trouble with centering the jets so that
the needles and pistons drop with no interference or having trouble with
the choke mechanism on his HS carbs where the jet is lowered with the
choke cable and then they are not returning back up when the choke knob
is pushed back in.
If the latter is the case, I'm not sure what the throttle linkage has to
do with it.  There are return springs to bring the jet back up, so maybe
lubing the jet to jet bearing joint to make it slide with less friction
may be the answer.
Charlie

> reassembly with a rebuild kit but I've noticed that the jet assembly seems
> to hang up inside the jet bearing. Does one lubricate the jet assembly or
> does the throttle linkage pull it back down as necessary?

> TIA

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/frogeye@porterscustom.com