[Healeys] Girling Type 14 calipers/Steering column plates

To: <richchrysler@quickclic.net>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Girling Type 14 calipers/Steering column plates
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 03:34:13 +0100
Thanks to all responded. Sometimes I mix things up in my mind (more and more
often I have these senile moments- its good my early retirement is close,
perhaps I need more time to relax), but usually my first idea is the right
one.
Many thanks to Magnus for the pictures.

Now to the brake calipers. Does anybody know if the Type 14 calipers with the
numbers DA 17498/DA 17499 (LH/RH) engraved were on the early 3000s and DA
18303/DA 18304 (LH/RH) on the later MK2 ones and at which date was the switch?
Or are the Da 18... aftermarket ones? I assume the Da 18... are the later
ones. You can easily distinguish the ones from the others, as the Da 17...
have much more engraved numbers/digits on them then the DA 18...s.

Thanks,

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----