Re: [Healeys] Austin 7 crankshaft

To: Peter Svilans <peter.svilans@rogers.com>, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Austin 7 crankshaft
From: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@hotkey.net.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 16:51:17 +1100
Peter
You never cease to amaze and impress!!!!

The  '750 Motor Club' which was once almost exclusively Austin 7 based
750cc race cars of  almost free design was the breeding ground for some
of the best F.1 designers.  It is still a very competitive class that
encourages innovation.  The Oct 2011 copy of RACE TECH magazine which
usually covers F.1 and LeMans etc has an article on aero downforce
assessment on a 750 Formula race car using CFD analysis.  Must be fast!!!

Back in the 60s a friend was cornering at excessive speed on the streets
and the wire wheels failed and the whole car gracefully collapsed onto
its axles with the rims folded underneath. A younger kid rushed out of
his house and was impressed at such and expressed an interest in such
driving feats.  My mate said, are you interested and the kid answered in
the affirmative. My mate replied, it's yours and walked off around the
corner before the police arrived. The kid was last seen dragging the
Austin 7 into his side gate.